Benefits of ICPA Membership
The Itasca County Pickleball Association (ICPA) was formed in 2015 with the adoption of by-laws and an election of a Board of Directors.
Our current officers and directors are: President- Don Carlson, Vice President- Bob Holycross, Secretary- Cathy Snowden, Treasurer- Carol Perrott and Membership Director- Jim Martinetto.
Last year the ICPA had 109 dues paying members, an increase from 88 members in the previous year. We anticipate continued growth in our membership, due to the growth of pickleball nationwide.
We are very proud of our accomplishments in the few years of our existence. These accomplishments would not have been possible without the hard work, dedication and passion of many people within our organization. We thank everyone who has helped in so many ways.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- Coordinated and scheduled area pickleball venues at Portage Park, Cohasset Community Center, Grussendorf Park and the Itasca County Family YMCA. In 2017, venues were also started in Marcell and Nashwauk.
- Organized and hosted the Lakes & Loons Pickleball Tournaments in September 2016 with 86 players September 2017 with 125 players. We had players from our area, greater Minnesota and numerous other states. Many of the players competed in more than one event.
- “Newbie” PB clinics and PB “Socials” throughout the summer and fall season.
- ICPA website to provide in depth information about our organization and related events. grandrapidspickleball.com
- Formed an implementation committee to construct an outdoor court facility at the YMCA. This is a collaboration between the City of Grand Rapids, Itasca County Family YMCA, Grand Rapids Area Basketball Association and Itasca County Pickleball Association. The facility will include six PB courts, a basketball court and four square courts. Our funding goal has been $325,000.00. Groundbreaking occurred in October 2017 with completion of the new facility anticipated to be in the summer of 2018. Our fundraising efforts continue and we are very close to meeting our goal.
- Your membership and support is very important for the continued growth and development of PB in the Itasca County area. We have set a goal to increase our membership every year going forward. Please join us in this exciting journey!
PICKLEBALL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
- Balls / Nets / Loaner Paddles
- Social Events
- Organized Play At Scheduled Times
- Friendly Competitive Club Events
- Voting Privileges
- Storage Facility Code For Equipment Use At Our Venue Sites
- Email Updates
- Association News via Website, Including By- Laws and Meeting Minutes
- “Weekly PB TipBits” Training Info by Email